Tuesday, December 22, 2015

It's been a long time...

Hi all.  I am sorry that I haven't posted in such a long time.  I have been busy teaching and making Christmas cards.  Here is some of the Zentangle and ZIAs that I have been working on...

From template from Ben Kwok's Ornation Creation

This butterfly was a commission piece.  The client sent me color swatches and I matched them for her.  She loved the way it turned out!

The next three colorful butterflies are part of a series that I have drawn and framed.

Ornation Creation 

The inspiration for this piece was a teapot.  Love how it turned out!

Ornation Creation


Ornation Creation


These are called Zen Gems.  I have been doing a lot of them lately, in many colors.  More pics to come later...

Till next time...

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Some Interesting Work and I am the Diva Challenge #228

Hi all.  I have been a busy girl this past month.   First, (on the first) of July, I started taking a new a new medicine and I passed out on the bathroom floor, flat on my face!  I broke my nose and a tooth and mashed in another 2.  My husband called 911 and I went to the emergency room (6:00 AM) where they checked me in and got me to a room pretty fast.  I was there for 5 days!  While I was there, I was having some pretty weird dreams and it inspired my creativity quite a bit.  My teeth are well on their way to being as good as new.  (I won't go into the details)  So, a couple of days ago, I started taking another new medicine (different one for something else).  I started itching after a day or so and broke out in HUGE welts!  They are red and big (about the size of a silver dollar) and itch like crazy!!  Went to my primary (for something else) and he put me on Prednisone for a week.  Having cancer is such a blast!  There is always something!  I have also been busy teaching Zentangle classes.  This has been my busiest month so far.  I did about 5 classes.

Anyway, Here are some of the things that I have been working on...

 This one is drug induced, I swear!  It is an organic underwater scene that I am going to enter into 

 This is another organic tile that I did on a black tile with colored pencils, that I am also
entering into the I am the Diva challenge #228.
 This is a dove from Oration Creation.  I haven't shaded it because I might do some color.

 This is a larger piece that I did using a fairly new product call Color Burst pigment powders.  
It's a bit on the dark side, but I like it.  Haven't decided if I am going to frame it in one piece 
or cut it into smaller sizes.

I showed this cat, earlier but I decided to add more color and framed it and sent it to my sister 
for her birthday.  She was thrilled!

Hope you enjoyed seeing my latest work.  

Till next time...

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I am a slacker...

Hi all.  I am sorry it has taken me so long to post.  I have been very busy tangling, making cards and doing things with my church.  Time just got away from me!  Here are some new projects that I have been working on.

 This butterfly was a commissioned piece.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Some New Projects

I have been very busy, tangling.  I have so many tiles that I have done in the past few months that I can't even post them all.  I know, I shouldn't have waited so long to post.  However, I have also been very sick so that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  I am somewhat better, but still, not 100%.  So, here is some of what I have been doing...


Hope you enjoyed seeing my work.

Till next time...

Monday, March 9, 2015

 Here are some of my most recent ZIAs.  

The first one is a hummingbird that I did from a template done by Ben Kwok.  I  printed it on watercolor paper and colored it with watercolor paints.  It is much more vibrant in person.

This one is a Zendala greeting that I made for a special order.   I had to make 12 of
them!   I stamped the image on watercolor paper and tangled and shaded it to give it more 
dimension.  I added yellow to the dots and did the background in a shaded blue.  Then, I 
cut out the Zendala and the scalloped background with a die cut machine and mounted 
it on a yellow card base to make the yellow dots pop.

This is just something that I did to experiment with coloring with gel pens.  
I used a string but did not use my pen to outline most of it.

This is a Valentine swap that I did with one of the groups that I belong to.  

I hope you enjoy seeing my work.  Thank you for looking.  Please leave me a comment and
let me know that you were here.  I LOVE to get comments!  Thanks.

Till next time...

Monday, January 19, 2015

New Project

Hi all.  I worked on this ZIA for 4 days and finally finished it on Friday.  It was a lot of work and was the hardest one I have done, yet.  I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.  Hope you like it...

Till next time...