or in small groups. The sessions will be given either at my home or yours, depending on how many people are attending. Each session will be approximately 2-2½ hours. If you sponsor a group of 2 or more other people, you will be eligible for a gift for yourself.
Be sure to wear something comfortable.
Now teaching a class on Zen Gems. Learn how to make realistic looking gems in conjunction with your Zentangles. People won't believe that they are only 2 dimensional because they look so real!
Where can I get more supplies?
Home - Hosted Zentangle® Class with
Certified Zentangle Teacher
- The maximum number of participants is 8-10, depending on your set up. It is important to have enough room for everyone to see the board and to make sure there is adequate lighting. Children 12 and older may be included in an adult group.
- Class is 2.5 - 3 hours in length and is the same instruction provided in my “public” classes. In this class students will complete two paper ‘tiles’ and learn about 6-8 ‘tangles’ or patterns, while learning the process and philosophy of Zentangle. There is a brief break midway through the class.
- This is a class. While Zentangle is fun to do, it is a hands-on activity requiring concentration.
- Cost is $35 per person, which includes a “class kit”, containing all supplies necessary for the class (and some extra goodies). The hostess will receive a gift for getting the people to come. Payment must be paid before the start of the class. Cash or check is acceptable. Check should be made out to: Barbara Burgess. Please be thoughtful and let your hostess know if you will not be attending the class. We are counting on you to be there.
- Space requirements:
- Dining table or other table(s) so all students can be comfortably seated (need enough elbow room to be able to write/draw without bumping)
- I bring a flip-chart and stand, so I require enough space at one end of the table to set up easel.
- I request permission to bring retail items for display and sale. I am not a pushy salesperson, but do like to have supplies and books available for students. This also requires display space.
- Food and Drink - this is a busy class, with little time to socialize. Eating while learning is not recommended. Therefore a small snack like plate of cookies, or a bowl of munchies with tea/coffee and water at break is fine, but nothing elaborate, please. Closed water bottles are acceptable to keep at the table.
- I plan to arrive 30-45 minutes before class start time in order to set up.
do a program, please contact me to discuss the details and price.